Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ijustwantowrite

Writing in the dark, I need no light
So with no sight
I Stevie Wonder paper like keys
But I’m not Ms. At least she can see
Keys of life
From left to right
I write
Brandishing this pen of
Cause the sword has lost this fight
I fold my legs and clench my pen
Madly spilling thoughts
Onto any available source
Whether wide or college ruled,
Papyrus or napkin

I just want to write
So I can puppeteer metaphors and similes
choreographing ink like dancers
dancers whose feet scribe imagery through ink
or graphite
When they dance eyes don’t blink
But this darkness serves as performance blinders
So with no clear plot visible
Improvisation moves my hand across the page
As a result this pen continues mobilizing words to reach out
grabbing all readers any age
thought gathers adjectives that qualify
Nouns and pronouns,
Given life and character by
verbs and adverbs I enable
Slowly
Like a train building steam
Steam that shadows light as eyelids shadow dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment