Friday, January 8, 2010

Saturday

my eyes rise slowly before the sun
mom said when the big hand is on the 12
and little hand is on the 6
that means it's 6'oclock!
reaching for the giant black remote
my little hands conditioned to find
red power button so lonely
first press 0 then 2
"He's Winnie the pooh
Winnie the pooh
Willy nilly silly ole bear!"
eyes don't blink
all zipped up in my my pooh footed sleeper
while white walls that hold
recent finger paint projects
turn into the 100 acre woods
from the brown matted carpet
to pink and yellow flowers sprawled about
big tall trees with lots of green leaves
on the left is Pooh's house
Mr. Sanderz is etched above the door
I always wondered about his last name
"oh bother" pooh cried when the honey ran dry
so good thing pooh had friends with some honey supply
busy ole rabbit, scared lil' piglet, bouncing Tigger
cause that's what tiggers do best, and eeyore
whose best was always sad
unlike kanga and roo
and gopher too
hours passed on this morning
watching T.M.N.T, schoolhouse rock,
Batman and X-Men are a definite opt
with Bobby's World and Flintstone Kids
then Muppet Babies and Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
not a blink gone by
eyes glued, but my body squirms
left to right
back and forth
Until mommy calls me away from my tv streak

No comments:

Post a Comment